« Are We Good for Craps??? | Main | Which is Better…a $20 Don’t Pass bet, or a $10 Passline bet Backed with $10 in Odds? Part - 2 »

How Many Multiple PL-Point Repeaters are You Likely to Throw?

Editor’s Note:

This previously-posted article is a foretaste to a new study that takes an in-depth look at Deadcat’s Modified-Odds Value concept that we discussed during the most recent Chat Night. It promises to be an interesting examination of an idea that may hold substantial merit, especially for those who are seeking to lock up profit from most of their ‘ordinary’ normal-duration dice-influenced hands.


As our dice-influencing skills improve, it is inevitable that we eventually ask ourselves how much more frequently we are likely to throw multiple PL-Point repeaters during the same hand than a random-roller will.

Now, even though everyone will have different same-hand PL-Point-repeater stats; we can make some general assumptions based on SRR-rate. Obviously, while individual-shooter repeat-rates will vary somewhat within a given SRR-grouping; the average will prove out if the group of shooters for that SRR-rate is reasonably large enough.

Take a look

 

look

How Many MultiPoint_im_1


T
To understand this chart a little better, let's look at the SRR-6.5 shooter.

 - There is a 43.3% chance that he will successfully repeat (win) his first PL-Point...and a 56.7% chance that he'll 7-Out before he does.

 - There is an 18.66% chance that he will successfully repeat (win) his second PL-Point...and an 81.34% chance that he'll 7-Out before he does.


 - There is an 8.06% chance that he will successfully repeat (win) his third PL-Point...and a 91.94% chance that he'll 7-Out before he does.


If you want to see how likely you are to throw multiple PL-Point repeaters out of a certain number of tries; I also have the answer

How Many MultiPoint_im_2 

 

To understand this chart a little better, let's look at the SRR-6.5 shooter.

 - In trying to repeat his
first PL
-Point, he'll successfully do that once for every 1.3 hands that he doesn't.

 - If he does successfully complete his
first PL
-Point repeater, for every time he goes on to repeat his second PL-Point, there will be 4.3 hands when he doesn't.

 - If he does successfully complete his second PL-Point repeater, for every time he goes on to repeat his
third PL
-Point, there will be 11.4 hands when he doesn't.

As always, I’ll remind you that your individual mileage may vary, especially if you use too small of a sampling of your in-casino throws.

In other words, the larger the number of in-casino hands you throw; the closer your PL-Point repeaters will be representative of your current real-world Sevens-to-Rolls Ratio, and the more likely you are to get a good handle on how many same-hand PL-Point repeaters you will generally produce.

In the follow-up to this article, we’ll be taking an in-depth look at Deadcat’s Modified-Odds Value concept that we discussed during the most recent Chat Night. As I mentioned earlier, it promises to be an interesting study that may hold substantial merit, especially for those who like to lock up profit from their ‘ordinary’ normal-duration hands.

Until then,

Good Luck and Good Skill at the Tables…and in Life.

The Mad Professor

Copyright © 2008

 

Do you have questions or comments about the articles and subjects discussed here at the Dice Institute? Sign up for our member's forum and share them with us!

About

This page contains a single entry from the blog posted on December 22, 2008 7:36 PM.

The previous post in this blog was Are We Good for Craps???.

The next post in this blog is Which is Better…a $20 Don’t Pass bet, or a $10 Passline bet Backed with $10 in Odds? Part - 2.

Many more can be found on the main index page or by looking through the archives.

Creative Commons License
This weblog is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Powered by
Movable Type 3.34